IDDA Discussion Forum
June 26, 2022, 08:08:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DVD Analyzers  (Read 6887 times)
Andrew Host
Administrator
Occasional User

« on: August 04, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »

Following is the discussion from the previous forum:

Ron Opryszek (Failsafe)
Username: Failsafe

Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2005 - 6:16 am:

I'm looking for recomendations on DVD Analyzers.
----------------------------------------------------------
Jim McNeil (Canclone)
Username: Canclone

Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 12:17 am:

We have a Mediatechnics CD/DVD analyzer which we are very happy with. They were demonstrating it at MediaTech in Las Vegas in March. I've been keeping in contact with the developer and they will soon be releasing a version of the software that will also analyze blank media. They are also working on software for analyzing dual layer DVDs as well which will likely be offered as an (free or low cost) upgrade which will run on the current equipment. I believe it still sells for around $5K US. It includes a fully functional computer with XP. We use the analyzer computer to drive several printers as well so it's not a bad investment.
Jim McNeil (Canclone)

Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 12:20 am:

For clarification on the Mediatechnics analyzer. It will apparently analyze replicated DVD9s (I have never tried this), it's the Dual Layer Recordable DVDs that it does not currently analyze.
Jim McNeil (Canclone)

Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 12:37 am:

I am looking for feedback on how other members handle audio CDs. In our operation we originally started with a Mediaform tower duplicator. Mediaform duplicators have the ability to do an audio compare. As far as I know, they are the only manufacturer that offers Audio compare. I have little doubt that that feature has prevented us from producing copes of defective masters. If they didn't compare, we would not proceed. We now have a CD/DVD analyzer which really helps to determine if the master is suitable for duplication. We still do the audio compare to make sure the image on the tower's hard drive is functionally identical to the master. It is now getting to the point where we are in need of a new duplicator. I would like to get some feedback from others who do not use audio compare when duplicating Audio CDs to see how effective it has been. Thanks for all input.
Andrew Host (Cdroms2)
Username: Cdroms2

Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 11:31 am: 

Our MediaFORM 8 drive robotic duplicator had a software option for vefifying audio, but it always failed verification even though there was absolutely nothing wrong with the disc. Our smaller 3 drive MediaFORM was able to verify audio, but it performed audio verification VERY slowly.
Since moving to Rimage Autostar robotic duplicators, we have had no problem with verification of audio CDs.
Although this may not solve your problem, because as far as I know, the verification is of the copies against the image file. I am reasonably sure that there is no verification of the image file against the original master.
I also agree that an analyzer is an essential tool.

Jim McNeil (Canclone)

Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 1:35 am:

Thanks for the info Andrew. The Mediaform towers we have are (in theory) able to load an audio image to the hard drive and then do a compare of the stored image back to the original master. It is a very good way to confirm that the image on the drive is functionally identical to the master. As you know, many things can co wrong when loading a master. Virtually all duplicators can compare data images to the master, but audio seems to be an issue. Our towers are getting very old and should be replaced fairly soon. The comparing of the Audio image back to the master I feel is very important. How do duplicators confirm the audio image is identical to the master if they cannot compare them? If they are not compared are you finding significant issues in the duplicates? Of course it would be possible for a incorrect image to be used in a duplication job and the resulting duplicates passing a test or analysis where they could have significant errors on the audio.

Thanks for the input on this important issue.

Ron Opryszek (Failsafe)

Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 10:49 pm:

Any one have any suggestions for DVD analyzers other than Clover Systems?
Ron Opryszek (Failsafe)

Posted on Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 11:04 pm:

Looking into Mediatechnics, thanks for the input Jim. Anyone else have a product/Manufacturer suggestion?
Mark Worthington (Discanalysis)
Username: Discanalysis

Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 6:41 am: 

I build the analyzers for Mediatechnics. We have added ISI and blank scanning. We will run a free test for any IDDA member free of charge.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: